Quetta Development Authority was established in 1978 by the Government of Balochistan.
The jurisdiction of the Authority extends over Quetta Tehsil including Quetta Municipal Corporation limits and all such other areas which the Government may notify from time to time for development purpose with the following Charter / Mandate.
- Establishment of Housing and Commercial schemes.
- Construction of new roads, by passes, parks etc.
- Opening of congested areas.
- Provision of public amenities.
- Preparation, updating & implementation of Quetta Master Plan.
- Exercise Building Control in QDA’s own housing / commercial schemes.
- Execution of schemes entrusted by the Government
- Laying / altering roads / streets.
- Execution of water supply and sewerage works.
- Demolishing / improving / construction of buildings.